(satisfies predicate-name)

Apologies if this has been discussed before.

On page 43, discussing (satisfies predicate-name), CLtL says "A name is required;
lambda-expressions are disallowed in order to avoid scoping problems."  Am I correct
in assuming that the global function definition is always to be used?  For example,
I assume the following should not signal an error:

    (defun f (x) t)
    (labels ((f (x) nil))
        (type-check nil (satisfies f)) )

Is that correct?