TRUE, FALSE

    The issue isn't generality, but minimizing the number of new functions.
    "Why take two when one will do?"
    --Guy

In my view, the complexity of a language is not measured by counting the
functions.  One hairy function-building meta-function adds a lot more
conceptual hair than two nearly identical simple functions that just do
easily explained things: gobble down any number of arguments, ignore
them, and return T or NIL.  I'm not sure where the break-even point
would be in this case, but it's a lot higher than two.

-- Scott