Another modest proposal

This is really getting out of hand.  As a former mathematician, I'd like to
point out that mathematicians tend to use very brief symbols for quantities
because they want to express a huge amount of information in very few
characters.  This is accomplished with the aid of an enormous amount of
context and tradition that is lacking in computer programs.  Ponder whether
you would prefer programmers to use ``ENTROPY'' instead of ``H'' (where it
could be confused with Planck's constant).  Perhaps we should flush the EXPT
function and rely on super scripts?