[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
:capitalize in *print-case*
- To: Scott E. Fahlman <Fahlman@C.CS.CMU.EDU>
- Subject: :capitalize in *print-case*
- From: David A. Moon <Moon@SCRC-STONY-BROOK.ARPA>
- Date: Tue, 28 Jan 86 00:08 EST
- Cc: Martin Frost <ME@SU-AI.ARPA>, common-lisp@SU-AI.ARPA
- In-reply-to: <FAHLMAN.12178738898.BABYL@C.CS.CMU.EDU>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1986 23:50 EST
From: "Scott E. Fahlman" <Fahlman@C.CS.CMU.EDU>
I think that the manual means what it says here: lower-case characters
don't get touched, regardless of the setting of this switch.
I agree. Note that the manual clearly states that this switch does not
affect printing when vertical bar syntax is used and that internally
lowercase characters are printed in lowercase with an escape (backslash
or vertical bar).
An implementation where *print-case* changes what appears inside vertical
bars is incorrect.