keywords

    Symbolics Common Lisp relies heavily on the property lists of keywords.
    Given that a keyword is "an indicator that means X in context Y",
    it is right reasonable that context Y might want to hang properties off
    of it to implement that.

OK, I guess I accept that this is not so terrible a thing to do.  If the
property names are package-specific, it shouldn't bother them that they
are sharing the same package-neutral keyword, since the different uses
still have a way of staying out of each other's way.  It strikes me as a
bit unclean, but maybe that's just that I like the abstraction of a
keyword as a pure token.

I would still be inclinded to holler at anyone naming a function :FOO,
however.

-- Scott