The variables +, -, *, and /

    Date: Fri, 6 Dec 1985  10:02 EST
    From: Scott E. Fahlman <Fahlman at C.CS.CMU.EDU>

    I think that by the time a user is playing with embedded languages, he
    is not such a beginner and he had damned well better make friends with
    packages.

You would be surprised.  I know people working on embedded languages who
have either never had to use packages or have only gotten screwed by them
and would prefer never to touch them again.

I suspect that you will find that the majority of graduate students in AI
using Common Lisp for their thesis project will not learn about even a
significant fraction of Common Lisp's pitfalls before they complete their
degrees.  They will have neither the time nor the inclination.

	Tim