packages

I think the history of the various subcommittees shows that they don't
really begin to function until someone comes up with a concrete
proposal or at least a coherent set of objectives and ideas.  Whenever
we have such a proposal, that would be the time to consider changes to
the package system, either in a subcommittee or all together.

Aside from the case-sensitivity lossage in package names, I'm not sure
what people find to be so hard.  If it is just that they get confused
about what symbols live where, maybe all we need is a good tool
(Masterscope-like?) for finding out which symbols live where, which ones
shadow other sysmbols, etc., and for displaying the result in a
reasonable form.

-- Scott