pathnames.

    Date: Thu 10 Oct 85 16:06:07-PDT
    From: SCHUMACHER%hplabs.csnet@CSNET-RELAY.ARPA

    The manual doesn't state explicitly that the accessor functions for
    pathname objects are setf'able.  Is this an oversight on my part,  the
    manuals part,  or is there some justification for this.  Admittedly the
    desired effect can be achieved using make-pathname with the current
    pathname as the :default and the desired change specified as a keyword
    arg,  but this seems sort of strange ...

Symbolics interns our pathnames.  Is SYMBOL-NAME setf'able?