Re: pathnames.

    Date: Tue, 15 Oct 85 14:21 EDT
    From: Richard L. Bryan <RLB@SCRC-QUABBIN.ARPA>
    Perhaps SETF of pathname components should work the same
    way as SETF of LDB.
As former pathnamemeister for Symbolics (theoretically retired)
I concur with Moon's analysis and RLB's suggestion.

For uniformity we could extend this to other read-only accessors
like SYMBOL-NAME, and DENOMINATOR although it's hard to see it as
useful in the former case, and it's pretty strange in the later
(and probably indicative of a woefully ineffecient program).