[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
(GETHASH X Y) ==> (CDR (GETHASH X Y))
- To: DCP@SCRC-QUABBIN.ARPA
- Subject: (GETHASH X Y) ==> (CDR (GETHASH X Y))
- From: "George J. Carrette" <GJC@MIT-MC.ARPA>
- Date: Wed, 6 Nov 85 07:02:23 EST
- Cc: common-lisp@SU-AI.ARPA, AS%hplabs.csnet@CSNET-RELAY.ARPA
- In-reply-to: Msg of Tue 5 Nov 85 10:34 EST from David C. Plummer <DCP at SCRC-QUABBIN.ARPA>
It is ridiculous to assume that users program via QUERY-REPLACE in EMACS,
or through the "looks productive" CONTROL-K CONTROL-Y method.
More likely it is the case that:
(DEFUN DATABASE-LOOKUP (...)
(GETHASH ...) ... (PUTHASH ....))
For one thing the user might consider GETHASH to be a silly name.