RE: Steele's programming style

 I suppose that this is one of the "subtly witty" things that Winston had
 in mind (see the quote on the back cover).  The entire point is that it
 isn't clear.  Then again it is: it says that the astronaut has a sex,
 but doesn't say which.  (HAL, in the movie 2001, is an examples of an
 astronaut that has no sex.)  I'm sorry you don't like it.  It certainly
 is not exemplary of god programming style.  Maybe we should change it in
 the next edition.

 --Guy

" not exemplary of god programming style "

We suppose god would never simply affirm sex,
but would be more explicit.