inconsistency in the definitions of round-off functions

Responding to wilensky at ucblarch (Robert Wilensky).

I believe that the inconsistency you point out has already been
reported to this mailing list a couple of times and is on Steele's list
of things to fix up next time around.  I believe that the resolution of
this is that the manual should say that (floor 5 2) is equivalent to
(floor (/ 5 2)) AS FAR AS THE FIRST VALUE IS CONCERNED, but that the
treatment of the second return value is different.

Yes, I agree that we desperately need to get the current errata
collected and to make them available to the community.  This is one of
the tasks for which we need some sort of support organization.  We're
working on this, but it is going very slowly.

-- Scott