Discouraged programming practices

    Date: Wed, 25 Sep 1985  22:12 EDT
    From: Rob MacLachlan <RAM@C.CS.CMU.EDU>

    Another discouraged programming practice is to write

	(without-interrupts (loop))

    as it may be difficult to terminate the execution of this form.
    WITHOUT-INTERRUPTS is not a part of Common-Lisp, but it should be.

    :-)?

      Rob

Maybe we should regard it as a valid compiler optimization to compile
this idiom as an exit to the operating system with a message such as
"I'm bored.  This program will never terminate, so let's do something else."
This could give greater credence to the joke about a supercomputer
so fast it executes an infinite loop in two seconds.

:-? !

--Guy