Infinite optimization

    Date: Thu, 26 Sep 85 12:55 EDT
    From: Guy Steele <gls@THINK-AQUINAS.ARPA>

	Date: 26 Sep 1985 0859-PDT
	From: Rem@IMSSS

	I like your idea. If an optimizing compiler happens to discover that the
	code it's trying to optimize absolutely cannot ever return nor produce any
	output, it would be nice for the LUSER if the compiler would inform the
	LUSER of that fact instead of blindly compiling a hung CPU and blindly leading
	the LUSER into executing it and having to reboot the system to escape it.
	Of course if the compiler doesn't happen to discover it, caveat emptor.

I don't think this is a very likely case.  Any loop that calls a
function, or which can be interrupted, can exit via *THROW.