Re: Rules of the game and stability

    Date: Wed, 29 May 85 10:47 EDT
    From: Daniel L. Weinreb <DLW@TENEX.SCRC.Symbolics.COM@think>

	Date: 28 May 85 14:46 PDT
	From: masinter.pa@Xerox.ARPA

	Isn't this what the "charter" committee is supposed to be deciding?

    Yes, that's what I thought too.

That's what I thought, too.  When I started this whole discussion
I clearly labeled my list of "rules" as merely my opinion of what
we ought to do.  The charter committee may consider that list as
input to their discussions.  The charter committee must also bear
in mind that to make no decision is also a decision.

People clearly want a revised edition (or revised printing) of the
manual, or at least an errata sheet.  I will do the editing work on
this, but the charter should provide guidance how to go about it.  If
this doesn't happen in the next four months or so, I, radical fanatic
that I am, may just go ahead and conduct a poll as we have done before
and go from there, simply to get something done.  However, I would
rather have an agreed-upon structure in place to work within before
this time comes.

--Guy