Features.

I guess most people think that features should be keywords.  I think
this goes against the intended use of keywords, but anyway.

I think the argument that they save space as keywords over regular
symbols is bogus.  Are you intending to have thousands of features?

I'm really quite amazed that we've invented packages to hide things,
but people don't want package-specific feature information in the
package.

We HAVE solved the package name conflict to some degree with
RENAME-PACKAGE.  Not so for keyword features.

I did a stint as name registrar for VAX/VMS.  There are lots and lots
of products and packages for that operating system, and even with
a data base of names and associated information, I had conflicts.
I don't know who is going to be registrar for Common LISP, but I
don't see any reason to make the job harder.

- Paul