terminology

    Date: Mon, 20 May 85 21:46:08 EST
    From: Glenn S. Burke <GSB@MIT-MC>

    The use of "form" in special form leads to additional confusion -- is
    "(if this that something-else)" a special-form, or is "if" a special
    form?  I would much prefer "special operator", although that leads me
    to say that "operator" should be used to refer to {special-operators,
    macros, functions}.

I agree with this.  I also believe (but haven't checked recently) that this
is the terminology used in Symbolics documentation and training (except that
not all of the documentation has yet been updated to conform to the standard
terminology).