EQUALP hash tables (and more ...)

    Date: Sun, 12 May 1985  23:30 EDT
    From: "Scott E. Fahlman" <Fahlman@CMU-CS-C.ARPA>

    So I guess the point is that given magic EQ and EQL hashtables that work
    even when a GC moves things, you can use these to build a slower version
    of EQ and EQL hashtables (and related thingies) that also works, without
    giving the users direct access to the magic.  Interesting in principle,
    but not the way you'd want to do anything real.

Au contraire.  Multics Maclisp uses this to implement the wonderful
Maclisp MAKNUM and MUNKAM functions.  I suppose it depends on what
you mean by "real"...