[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
NIL and DEFCONSTANT [Gall: Bug Report]
- To: Nick Gall <Gall@MIT-MULTICS.ARPA>
- Subject: NIL and DEFCONSTANT [Gall: Bug Report]
- From: "Scott E. Fahlman" <Fahlman@CMU-CS-C.ARPA>
- Date: Fri, 05 Apr 1985 03:56:00 -0000
- Cc: common-lisp@SU-AI.ARPA
- In-reply-to: Msg of 3 Apr 1985 23:52-EST from Nick Gall <Gall at MIT-MULTICS.ARPA>
- Sender: FAHLMAN@CMU-CS-C.ARPA
I agree with Moon also. And I agree that pg. 56 is ok too. It is pg.
69 that is a little shaky, and pg. 324 DEFINITELY states that NIL and T
are defined with DEFCONSTANT.
OK, we all agree that it is an error to redefine built-in constants,
whether or not we think of them as having been created by defconstant.
The manual should be made consistent on this point.