Intern

OK, I'd like to end this Intern nonsense before my mailbox overflows.
Could everyone live with the following:

1. Intern never messes with the Symbol-Package cell.

2. Import fills in the symbol's Symbol-Package cell with the importing
package if that cell is NIL.

3. In the next edition of the manual we fix up the description of
symbols being "interned in a package" either by flushing this whole
concept or by finding a more precise term for it.

If we do all of that, I don't think it is redundant to add a Setf for
Symbol-Package (with a check that the symbol is accessible in its home
package), but I wouldn't fight to the death if people wanted to include
this mechanism as well.  I would fight an attempt to add a non-checking
Setf of Symbol-Package.

-- Scott