More on (B): the editor's "reading" of files

    Date: Thu, 25 Apr 85 18:06 EST
    From: David A. Moon <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>

	Date: 25 Apr 85  0343 PST
	From: Jon White <JLW@SU-AI.ARPA>
	....By the bye, I'm not sure if your reply laid to rest my "fear" that one
	can produce an almost-correct common lisp source file which the zetalisp
	editor can't even bring in to a buffer (previous note used "load") because
	it dies trying to READ some little part of it that happens to be total
	garbage.  What's the scoop?

    We provide and document a command that reads a file into the editor without
    looking at its attributes.  You are then editing the file in Fundamental Mode,
    and the editor makes no attempt to do anything language-specific.

Also, we make use of our error system to trap such errors,
report the problem gracefully, and then read it in in Fundamental
Mode.