[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Inconsistency in Aluminum edition
- To: Common-Lisp@SU-AI.ARPA
- Subject: Inconsistency in Aluminum edition
- From: Skef Wholey <Wholey@CMU-CS-C.ARPA>
- Date: Sun, 14 Oct 1984 15:00:00 -0000
- Sender: WHOLEY@CMU-CS-C.ARPA
The text describing PUSHNEW (p. 270) and that describing ADJOIN (p. 276) are
apparently in contradiction.
"The keyword arguments to PUSHNEW follow the conventions for generic
sequence functions. See chapter 14. In effect, these keywords are
simply passed on to the ADJOIN function."
"ADJOIN deviates from the usual rules described in chapter 14 for the
treatment of the arguments named ITEM and KEY. If a KEY function is
specified, it is applied to ITEM as well as to each element of the
Which should one believe?