[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Using EQ instead of EQL to compare catch tags
- To: COMMON-LISP@SU-AI.ARPA
- Subject: Re: Using EQ instead of EQL to compare catch tags
- From: Masinter.pa@XEROX.ARPA
- Date: Mon, 12 Nov 1984 14:04:00 -0000
- In-reply-to: Skef Wholey <Wholey@CMU-CS-C.ARPA>'s message of Sat, 10 Nov 84 20:37 EST
It seems clear that the "portable subset" of Common Lisp has to either
insist that EQL be used for catch-tags, or else refuse to allow anything
other than a symbol.
There *are* some performance penalties for portability, you know....