[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Being able to get list of pending CATCH tags?
- To: Rem@MIT-MC.ARPA
- Subject: Being able to get list of pending CATCH tags?
- From: "Scott E. Fahlman" <Fahlman@CMU-CS-C.ARPA>
- Date: Sat, 24 Nov 1984 03:07:00 -0000
- Cc: COMMON-LISP@SU-AI.ARPA
- In-reply-to: Msg of 23 Nov 1984 17:44-EST from Rem at IMSSS
- Sender: FAHLMAN@CMU-CS-C.ARPA
I think that a PENDING-CATCH-TAGS function sounds pretty useful for
debugging. It would be easy (for the implementors) to do in all the
implementations I know about. I think it might be worthwhile for us to
add this to our own implementaiton, though I am not sure it is worth
putting into the white pages. Since low-level debugging stuff is
inherently unportable, there's no compelling reason to add this function
to the white pages. Note that BACKTRACE (or BAKTRACE, for you Maclisp
fans) is not there either, though every self-respecting implementation
will provide some way to examine the stack.