Do I really know anything about Common LISP?

REM,
  On the contrary: I remember explicitly thinking about L-to-R evaluation
several times while writing the book, but somehow the words I intended at
one time to write never appeared in the book.
  One can intend all kinds of things, or fail to intend all kinds of things,
but a book that big is so complicated it's all too likely you'll mess upo
somewhere, whether in transcribing other people's ideas or your own.
That's why we have EMACS instead of :COPY TTY:,DSK: (and, for that
matter, DDT as well as MIDAS) [non-MIT people please excuse the lapse
into ITS terminology].
--Guy