Yellow pages

Good point.  Public domain seems to work just fine, but a copyright by
the author with all of the permissions you list would have much the same
effect.

Yes, we really do have to get us a lawyer; not having one to consult at
CMU has already led to some mistakes on this stuff, I think.  I guess
some of the DARPA "seed money" for setting up this organization is going
to have to flow in that direction, unless some company out there can
loan us a lawyer on occasion -- doubtful, since this could lead to
conflict of interest.

-- Scott