Requests for clarification

    For a stream constructed with make-two-way-stream, what is the result
    of applying stream-element-type to the stream, especially if the
    element-types of the two underlying streams are different?

  In Spice Lisp, Stream-Element-Type returns an Or of the distinct
stream element types for the component streams if they are different.
obviously lazy implementor could return T.

    How does the close function operate on various non-primitive streams?
    For example, does close of a two-way stream close the two underlying
    streams?  What about close of a concatenated stream?

  In Spice Lisp, closing any multiple stream results in closing all of
the component streams.

    As a concatenated stream hits eof on each subsidiary stream, are those
    subsidiary streams closed?

  Spice Lisp doesn't do this, and I think that's the right thing to
do.  In the case of a file stream, hitting eof doesn't necessarily
make the stream useless, so you don't want to go around automatically
closing the things.

    An explicit statement should be made as to how equal and equalp treat
    structures.  DO structures fall under the general heading of "objects
    that have components"?

  There better dammn well be some predicate that works on structures,
so I guess it's got to be equalp.  I guess we could make equal work on
structures as a special case, but that would have interactions with
structure typedness.

  Rob