applyhook

OK, I'll bite.  Why do you think that applyhook doesn't need an
environment arg?  Granted, the args have already been computed by the
time the applyhook gets called, but the environment still might be
needed while the function is running.  Functions called by name in the
usual way carry their lexical environment around with them -- either the
null environment or a closure -- but the function being applied might be
an interpreted lambda containing code that refers to free variables,
lexicaly bound function names, and external GO and BLOCK tags.  Such
things are looked up in the current lexical environment during the
application of the Lambda form to the args, right?  Or am I confused
about this?

-- Scott