[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: Walter van Roggen <WVANROGGEN@DEC-MARLBORO.ARPA>
- Subject: Re: applyhook
- From: "David A. Moon" <Moon@SCRC-STONY-BROOK.ARPA>
- Date: Thu, 6 Sep 84 01:12 EDT
- Cc: common-lisp@SU-AI.ARPA
- In-reply-to: The message of 5 Sep 84 17:23-EDT from Walter van Roggen <WVANROGGEN at DEC-MARLBORO>
Date: Wed 5 Sep 84 17:23:17-EDT
From: "Walter van Roggen" <WVANROGGEN@DEC-MARLBORO.ARPA>
Seems to me you want to keep the environment argument with applyhook
for the same reason it's there with evalhook: because you want an
explicit handle on the environment so you can implement things like
the stepper and the debugger.
But my point is that there is no environment associated with the operation
of applying a function to arguments.