[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: implied contracts in the mapping functions?
- To: kmp%MIT-MC@MIT-ML.ARPA
- Subject: Re: implied contracts in the mapping functions?
- From: Charles Hedrick <HEDRICK@RUTGERS.ARPA>
- Date: Mon, 19 Sep 1983 20:07:00 -0000
- Cc: Cassels%SCRC-TENEX@MIT-ML.ARPA, Fahlman%CMU-CS-C@MIT-ML.ARPA, Common-Lisp%SAIL@MIT-ML.ARPA
- In-reply-to: Message from "Kent M. Pitman <kmp at MIT-MC>" of 18 Sep 83 20:37:17 EDT
It is dangerous to have a feature that obviously ought to be in a
language not be there, or be there in only half the implementations. No
matter what you say in the manual, people will use it where it works.
You should either define what NCONC to a list being mapped does, or
strongly suggest that its use be made an error that is detected. Since
I don't know how to do the latter, I suggest the former.