There's a market out there...

 From today's Pittsburgh Press:

  Dear Consumer Reports:  After 35 years, I'm studying algebra again.
Can you recommend a calculator out of the many available that would be
reasonably suited to solving algebra problems?
  I already have several calculators that are suited to basic arithmetic
but not much more.

  Dear Reader:  Nearly all calculators do arithmetic: You plug in the numbers
and you get an answer.
  Most of them will not do algebra.  They will not factor; they will not
solve equations.  Only some special programmable calculators have those
algebraic capabilities.

--Guy